Parent-Approved Projects--Trust Us!
Follow along with these adorable projects and learn some useful techniques along the way (hello, buttonholes!) We’ll start with simple, super-practical bibs and burp cloths that present a great opportunity for upcycling, and then move on to a classic baby or child’s dress using the Geranium Dress pattern by Made By Rae. Available in sizes from 0-12, the Geranium sure to become a wardrobe staple for any child in your life. We’ll follow the pattern step by step, covering techniques like a lined bodice and buttonholes. The result is a beautiful high-quality garment that you can make for playdates and special occasions alike.
- Written project instructions and templates for the bib and burp cloth
- A discount on supplies purchased at Notion
- Detailed video tutorials created by your Notion instructor
- An exclusive coupon code to use at Notion after the class
Supplies You'll Need
- A sewing machine that you know how to use
- Bobbins and needles for your machine
- Buttonhole foot, if your machine has an automatic buttonhole feature
- A copy of the Made By Rae Geranium Dress pattern
- Fabric and notions as specified in the pattern and class supply list
- Tools for preparing and cutting the pattern and fabric (we recommend tracing paper, pencil, and sharp scissors)
- A way to print the bib and burp cloth templates
- An iron and ironing board or surface
Notion Fabric & Craft is a modern fabric, yarn, and fiber craft store located in historic downtown Montpelier, Vermont. We've been creating community with our fun and approachable classes since 2019.
About Your Instructor
Mary Margaret Groberg is the owner of Notion and has been sewing since childhood. She loves demystifying sewing and getting people excited about trying new things.
About Virtual Sewing Classes
"Your videos are so helpful, I wish they existed for every pattern!" Our virtual classes get rave reviews from learners of many ages and skill levels. You get expert guidance with no stress or expectations--just follow along at your own pace!
- Geranium Dress Intro and Supplies (16:30)
- Sewing the Shoulder Seams (5:07)
- Optional: Flutter Sleeve (16:09)
- Attaching the Bodice Main & Lining (14:54)
- Sewing the Bodice Side Seams (4:56)
- Assembling the Skirt Front and Back (15:30)
- Gather the Skirt (9:20)
- Attach Skirt to Bodice (14:02)
- Secure the Bodice Lining (16:49)
- Hem the Skirt (3:53)
- Buttons and Buttonholes (32:06)
- Optional: Patch Pocket (5:50)
Check Out Our Other Classes
Notion's virtual class offerings have something for every level. If you're interested in this beginner class, you might want to explore these options, too: