Build Your Skills, One Project at a Time
This virtual class is designed for sewists who are able to use the basic functions of their sewing machine and would like to gain the confidence and inspiration to put their skills to work. Working at your own pace with lots of support, you will make a pillowcase, a half skirt apron, and an elastic waist skirt.
Using the detailed written and video instructions, you will work on this series of three easy and practical sewing projects at your own pace. The projects are designed to build on each other to help you grow more confident, one baby step at a time. You’ll go from stitching together simple shapes to creating your first custom-fit garment in no time!
- Written project instructions and templates
- A discount on supplies purchased at Notion
- Detailed video tutorials created by your Notion instructor
- An exclusive coupon code to use at Notion after the class
Supplies You'll Need
- A sewing machine that you know how to use
- Bobbins and needles for your machine
- Approximately 4 yards of quilting cotton or other woven fabric (details provided in the class)
- 1" elastic for the skirt
- A measuring tape
- Tools for measuring, marking, and cutting your fabric (a simple ruler, pencil, and sharp scissors will work)
- An iron and ironing board or surface
Notion Fabric & Craft is a modern fabric, yarn, and fiber craft store located in historic downtown Montpelier, Vermont. We've been creating community with our fun and approachable classes since 2019.
About Your Instructor
Mary Margaret Groberg is the owner of Notion and has been sewing since childhood. She loves demystifying sewing and getting people excited about trying new things.
About Virtual Sewing Classes
"Your videos are so helpful, I wish they existed for every pattern!" Our virtual classes get rave reviews from learners of many ages and skill levels. You get expert guidance with no stress or expectations--just follow along at your own pace!
Check Out Our Other Classes
Notion's virtual class offerings have something for every level. If you're interested in this beginner class, you might want to explore these options, too: